We’re back with another installment of 5 Questions. Please welcome karton kutuda shot zımbırtısı (perhaps our most prickliest interviewee to date, if the note on her profile is anything to go by).
1. karton, (you don’t mind if we call you karton do you? karton kutuda shot zımbırtısı is a bit of a mouthful) we know it’s a tough question, but if you had to pick just one camera to shoot with from now until the end of time, what would that be?
karton: I hope to be able to use the most powerful camera I’ve ever used until now: my eyes. Without noticing we do photography 24/7. The way we see things is the way we look at things. Like, if you look with pleasure, you will see beauty. When your intention is negative, you won’t get anything more but disgrace. It is, I think, not only important to look at things, but to see things [without using a "plastic" camera]. Anyway, enough nonsense :) My ‘plastic’ camera would be an analog camera. I would prefer my Canon A1. A few different hardcore lenses would be recommended.
2. Another (possibly) tough question… Tell us your favourite photos on Flickr, and why you like them. First, a favourite from your photostream?
karton: Well I do really too much photography. Sometimes while sitting in the bus or walking around I realize that I look into the environment as if I have a 55 mm or a 24 mm lens in front of my eyes. That’s not a very healthy way of living, it shows a little my sick affinity for the “plastic” photo camera. Anyhow; tough questions deserve tough answers. All my photos are my favourite :) Pick the one you like.
Heather: Well… that’s certainly turning the tables on me. I’ve selected the portrait above. And from another Flickr member?
kartom: mharmanlikli. There’s so much good stuff on flickr, but also so many nonsense. When I aimlessly surf on flickr, I come across good stuff, so good that I sometimes feel useless shooting photos.
3. What’s one tip that you would share with someone who’s just picking up a camera?
karton: Come on! Almost everyone’s a photographer. Just try something else.
4. When we interview peeps for employment here at Team Flickr, we always ask: “Kittens, babies, sunsets or flowers? Pick one.”
karton: Baby kittens pissing on flowers at sunset. Yea, that would be a good image.
5. Which Flickr member should we ask these 5 questions of next?
karton: I want to mention F a t e. In my opinion, Fate’s photography is a very honest form of making images of the world around us. A style between, on the one hand “casual life” and “documentary” on the other.
Heather: karton kutuda shot zımbırtısı, thank you. We’ll be back soon with the next installment of 5 Question when we interview F a t e.