5 Question for nurul
“poetry flows out effortlessly from her work and leaves one breathless. it has such a distinct flavour, atmosphere, sense of place and personality. it’s the smell of churned soil and electricity in the air. it’s lightness, humour and delicacy.” – cyan blue
“‘joi de vivre.’ sums up my impression of Nuruls work precisely and exactly the reason why I keep coming back to her photostream for more, her passion for life and energy is infectious and inspiring.” – Shaun Roberts
“Nurul is an amazing photographer and friend. Her work and the meanings behind her different pieces never cease to amaze and inspire me. She’s really quite a genius and a kind soul. I’m very glad to know her.” – quemino of the world
1. nurul, we know it’s a tough question, but if you had to pick just one camera to shoot with from now until the end of time, what would that be?
nurul: wow. yeah that IS a tough question. but hmm, i would say it’d be my nikon FM2. i just love how i see through that camera. it makes even the monochrome rainbows ever so stunning.
2. Another (possibly) tough question… Tell us your favourite photos on Flickr, and why you like them. First, a favourite from your photostream?
nurul: ahh! my personal favorite would be this shot. it was my first trip to barcelona and everything seemed so magical. and the rain made it more than magic.
And from another Flickr member?
nurul: my fav from another flickr member. well. i had one in mind but i thought i’d check out my favorites – but still ended up choosing this one in the end. shaun‘s captures always leaves me breathless for a bit. this one in particular.
3. What’s one tip that you would share with someone who’s just picking up a camera?
nurul: feel what you see. emote it. think it.
4. When we interview peeps for employment here at Team Flickr, we always ask: “Kittens, babies, sunsets or flowers? Pick one.”
nurul: oh no. pick one? how about none! although, if i really must, i’d say…babies.
5. Which Flickr member should we ask these 5 questions of next?
nurul: yes! i’d like to choose my buddy, charlie. he’s kick ass!
Heather: nurul, thank you. We’ll be back in the new year with the next installment of 5 Question when we interview Charlie.
Previously, 5 Questions for Kevin Meredith, Steph Goralnick, Olivia Wright, Eric Lafforgue, Maciej Dakowicz, Swiatek Wojtkowiak, Bart Pogoda, Brett Walker, Susan Mac, Minas Papadopoulos, karton kutuda shot zımbırtısı, and Fate.