Hello, Flickr members! Here’s a summary of what our team worked on in October 2021.
- Apple Pay is now available as a payment option on desktop and mobile web in Safari.
- The Flickr iOS app now has a new photo editor! You should recognize it as the same photo editor that we currently make available when you’re using Flickr from a desktop computer.
- Since we launched the new notifications center and settings to all Flickr members, we’ve been working on improving the experience based on everyone’s feedback. In our first update, we’ve added the total number of comments to the comment pop-up in the Notification Center.
- We fixed some issues with login, to help members that need to transition off of Yahoo Login.
- We made some progress to improve loading of the Notifications bell. And we have more work upcoming to monitor and improve page performance on Flickr.
Some notable improvements from September
- The iOS app now has an onboarding experience, specifically for new Flickr members, that surfaces some recommended photographers to follow.
- The … menu on profile and group pages now includes all interaction options:
- On your profile page, the … menu includes the options to change your cover photo, username, or real name.
- If you’re visiting the profile of another Flickr member, the … menu includes the options to send them a FlickrMail, block or report the member to our Trust and Safety team, give Pro, or to designate someone you follow as a friend or family member.
- On group pages, the … menu gives you several options based on whether or not you’re a member of the group, including the option to hide the group from your activity feed, to mute notifications from the group, and to report the group to our Trust and Safety team. If you’re an admin of the group, you’ll also have the option to update the group’s cover photo.
We’re planning to share these release notes on a monthly basis. Please look out for them and write to our Support Heroes team if you have any questions about these updates. If you’re a Pro member, you’ll hear back from us within a couple of hours!